[kictanet] [Security Forum] [Skunkworks] #KeIGF15 Online Discussions Day Two: Cyber Security and Trust

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Jul 21 15:43:57 EAT 2015

On 21 July 2015 at 15:36, fredrick Wahome via Security <
security at lists.my.co.ke> wrote:

> I think with the ample time and resources at Safaricom disposal before
> this issue was ruled in Equity favor, from business perspective they would
> have demonstrated a POC rather than requesting for GSMA which is made up of
> people who can be compromised to give their word. That way many potential
> customers would have believed Safcom and shy away.

Even if Safaricom had demonstrated POC, would they have managed to sway the
political heavyweights not to support the adoption of thin sim? Me think
the decision and ruling was made through the corridors of power rather than
through Science.

Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson