[kictanet] Companies registry website cost 62 million, cant even search….

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:46:51 EAT 2012

All I am getting from this exchange is shifting of blame from the
contractor (3mice) to the owner of the project (AG's Office)

So how much has changed between 2007 till now? Were the menu options
working in 2007 when the project was commissioned? So who is going to fix
it? 3mice or a fresh 60 million bob tender will be issued to sort this out?

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM, James Kariuki <jkariuki at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Website development has generally been seen as a simple low cost end of
> the
> > technology business. This is changing as this discussion thread
> indicates.
> > How is it that Facebook is worth 100Bn USD?
>
> Methinks it is because it was not made for and by government or a
> government agency. More importantly, it was made for real people with
> the knowledge of what real people expect of such a website. Of course,
> there was some imagination on what the real people would need in the
> future, and therefore there was anticipation and planning for the
> changing needs of real people. This made it more responsive to the
> real people.
> What we are not seeing from most if not all Government websites is
> anything made for real people. Real people need to do realtime
> information searches to make quick and informed decisions. This will
> make the real people more responsive to other real people so that they
> can remain relevant and in business. By having dysfunctional systems
> like these websites, what we end up is a cascade of problems that will
> lead real people to a lot of  frustrations.
>
> --James

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke