[kictanet] Companies registry website cost 62 million, cant even search….

James Kariuki jkariuki at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:15:45 EAT 2012

> Website development has generally been seen as a simple low cost end of the
> technology business. This is changing as this discussion thread indicates.
> How is it that Facebook is worth 100Bn USD?

Methinks it is because it was not made for and by government or a
government agency. More importantly, it was made for real people with
the knowledge of what real people expect of such a website. Of course,
there was some imagination on what the real people would need in the
future, and therefore there was anticipation and planning for the
changing needs of real people. This made it more responsive to the
real people.
What we are not seeing from most if not all Government websites is
anything made for real people. Real people need to do realtime
information searches to make quick and informed decisions. This will
make the real people more responsive to other real people so that they
can remain relevant and in business. By having dysfunctional systems
like these websites, what we end up is a cascade of problems that will
lead real people to a lot of  frustrations.

--James