[kictanet] Companies registry website cost 62 million, cant even search….

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Mon May 14 13:48:28 EAT 2012

Thanks for the clarification, Paul.

The online company registry struck me as a particularly useful idea, so I
was baffled by the fact that a contract carried out in 2007 yielded such a
seemingly useless website. So what I'd like to know - and maybe this is for
more people than just Paul to answer since this wasn't all done by the ICT
Board, if I understand correctly:

If this 'simple website' was contracted out in 2007, was there any
awareness that the company registry records would not be available in
digital format (since the contract to digitise the content is only being
worked on now)? I.e. was a website contracted that would have no content
for .... well, for how long? Why is a project structured this way in the
first place?

When you say that another process is taking place now to search and display
content, then this is a complete duplication, no? Any idea when this
very-useful-if-it-works website will be up and running?

Thanks, Andrea