[kictanet] Domestic Outsourcing Studies

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Wed Mar 30 10:14:03 EAT 2011

Hi Edwin

Last year Sept/Oct , IBM Corporate Service Corps – a CSR arm of IBM -
carried out in-depth studies on  Digital villages and confirmed  the huge
opportunity to transform and empower the rural communities through BPO/ITES.
One team specifically focusing  on   BPO/ITES laid out a  strategy to
exploit the opportunity . Government  provides the greatest opportunity to
drive  sustainability for the digital villages. The team also identified
corporates in the capital city as well as rural based enterprises to
compliment the government business. Already low lying fruits exist  to be
tapped by digital villages with minimal effort apart from a firm decision
and commitment to tap it

The other two teams focused on a frameworks to empower the  digital village
entrepreneur and an  overarching  national strategy for digital villages .
The findings present  intervention points for actors and areas of synergy

cheers

Muriuki Mureithi

What could i be losing with all the gaining ? Bob Buford  US Author