[kictanet] IT posts for full circle

Agosta Liko agostal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:25:24 EAT 2011

Toma

About - "Lets face it ICT on its own cannot run or profit an organization"

This is not true, Safaricom, Airtel, Access Kenya, Zuku etc etc etc are ALL
about IT.

It can create mad profits or drive them

Look at agency banking - its all about branding, float and a device (android
app) ... with that a bank cuts on capex

Look at Mobile Money - its all IT, Money moves from one account to the other
and there are fees for that

For old school corporates - IT is gives massive distribution ... an
insurance company does not have to have offices and agents all over the
country, all they need is mobile/web interfaces

A good CIO is the difference between USD10,000 for SugarCRM and USD3,000,000
for Siebel ... etc etc etc

Thanks