[kictanet] IT posts for full circle

Thomas Kibui thomas.kibui at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:05:51 EAT 2011

Initially ICT was considered a necessary cost centre within many
organizations. It was usually placed under  Operations division or sometimes
under the stingy Finance division to control its cost.

Lets face it ICT on its own cannot run or profit an organization. It is a
business enabler and unless the ICT division within an organization is able
to show the management of that organization that it can operate as a profit
centre  and actually generate tangible profits OR at least reduce the cost
or making profit within other divisions , .. it will never have say in the
organization.

Bottom line .. the shareholders want "profits"

Another line of argument that I have heard inside a board room is that ..
most of what the ICT team refer to as "ICT Technology" are actually "nice to
have" gizmos e.g. iPADs..    But I have reservation about this argument ..
simply because those who were saying it were fidgeting with their
blackberries ...