[kictanet] Zain Blackout

Benson Mbugua mbugz at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 12:03:53 EAT 2009

Yesterday I was not able to go online with my zain post paid modem. After a call to the  customer service I was notified that their systems were down. If my memory serves me right, when jambonet was the only internet backbone/provider in the country, they were fined a huge sum of money for a similar incident. Is there any provision or consumer protection that could  liase with Zain to credit users for the loss of service for a whole day or at least put a red flag for such an oversight.
Ben