[kictanet] SMS Service by the 2 Operators

Michael Joseph MJoseph at Safaricom.co.ke
Thu Feb 28 18:55:00 EAT 2008

I understand your frustrations. But being a technical person (I assume)
you know that things go wrong sometimes. Even my desktop which is not
tampered with day to day sometimes just does not work for some reason.

The cutting over to the new IN was a massive and complex undertaking
(not done many times for sure) and although we have had some problems -
most notably with SMS deliveries - it was done, by our standards, quite
smoothly. Can you imagine transferring over 12 million customer records,
profiles and balances in 4 hours!

The problem with sms was if you were out of coverage or had your phone
off for some time the SMSC "lost" you. we hope we have solved the
problems now.

Regards,

Michael

CEO