[kictanet] SMS Service by the 2 Operators

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:29:19 EAT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Michael Joseph <MJoseph at safaricom.co.ke>
wrote:

> I have already replied to Edith directly.
>
> There was a problem on Sunday (after cutover to our new IN) where some
> subscribers sms's were not delivered.  This was fixed on Sunday (it also
> applied to me). If you have this problem, suggest you switch your phone
> off for 2 minutes and try again. If you still have this problem let me
> know.
>
> Its amazing how quickly you assume the worst of us!

Not quickly, Sir:-)

It's the expected behaviour when one pays for a service. They don't expect
hitches like these. Mine was such that some SMS were getting delivered while
some were not. I tried to establish a pattern, whether it was prefix
related, but it wasn't, so I decided to call CC (Customer Care), and was
told the same: Switch off and on for a few minutes. It was hard to "buy"
that as a solution so I just said my prayers and later it just worked.
Of course you had put an ad on the papers regarding the maintenance. The
only problem with that as was it said you only expected it to affect prepaid
customers.
I, being an Advantage customer, never expected to be affected, so I believe
I (as an individual) am/was entitles to that assumption that you fear:-) It
might be the same case with Adera, but I don't know.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

                       --from a /. post