[kictanet] Is KRA ready for e-commerce

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 09:18:47 EAT 2008

Yet again the Kenyan government is unable to show true dedication to implementing ICT.

After my problem with sending an e-mail to KRA yesterday I decided to revert to our traditional means of communication, the telephone.

I called the number listed for the party who could answer my query and instead of getting a human answer or at least an IVR the system sent my call directly to a message on hold system which proceeded to tell me about what KRA does.

After staying on hold while listening to the pre-recorded message I gave up and disconnected.

Ndemo and Co, we are talking about providing  outsourcing services for foreign companies yet we have not even tried to outsource the largest local provider of services the Government.

How difficult is it for KRA to setup a call center which we can call and get instant assitance, how do we expect to provide quality service to outsiders yet we do not have a culture of providing quality service to our own people.

And better still this would not require a marine cable to land.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200