[kictanet] E-Citizen portal gazetted as government's official digital payment platform

Ahmed Mohamed Maawy ultimateprogramer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:15:08 EAT 2022

Very true Alex, there is still a lot to be done when it comes to eCitizen.

The issue you have mentioned aside, I believe if the Government is going to
be considering activating eCitizen and the only portal there are 2 glaring
issues (and they are very glaring, it's not a walk in the park - these
issues will definitely need to be addressed).

   1. Firstly the eCitizen "My Profile" page has not been working and has
   not been resolved for years on end. What will happen if someone updates
   their details? Such as contact details? At the moment you can't do that on
   eCitizen.
   2. Secondly, for a service as critical as eCitizen there needs to be a 2
   factor authentication mechanism for added user security. When a choice of 2
   factor authentication is also considered it should be able to work on
   multiple levels:
      1. Using phone number Auth (and it should have provision to work with
      numbers outside the country for diaspora based Kenyans).
      2. Using email auth.
      3. Using 3rd party 2FA services. Some countries develop their own 2FA
      auth applications that can be deployed on any smartphone and activated.

I think also credible cyber security will need to do assessment and
recommendations.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 2:47 PM Alex Watila via KICTANet <

--
*Ahmed Maawy*