[kictanet] KICTANet Digest, Vol 165, Issue 11

Adrian Teri adriateri at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:31:00 EAT 2021

Good day Barrack,

These stats are not adequate. Does Kenic have bulk downloadable zones host
files like ICANN with it's Centralised Zone Data Service -
*https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/czds-2014-03-03-en
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/czds-2014-03-03-en>* . I understand
it's quite controversial for such data to be given out as data mining and
then spamming can occur.

As a middle ground can Kenic share out monthly updated lists of registered
domains as they do with deleted domains -
*https://kenic.or.ke/category/deleted-domains/
<https://kenic.or.ke/category/deleted-domains/> *?

I see numerous and interesting insights that can be gleaned. E.g how many
and which domains are hosted in the country? Their latency/response time.
Uptime for the sites. Security stats like which TLS versions are supported,
the headers that are sent back in response like X-Frame-Options and Content
Security Policy (CSP), SSL certificate validity, Versions of Web servers
they are running and also which frameworks/programming languages they are
running ...etc

Yours Kindly,
Adrian