[kictanet] To save CA from bullies, restore its autonomy and independence

Harry Delano harry26001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:57:52 EAT 2018

Interesting insights..! Perhaps if one was to take a pause if you will, and
really take the long, hard  and objective view across board, then one
might  realize that our malaise truly runs deep indeed, and this could just
be but a tip of the iceberg. Suffice it to say that achieving
"institutional independence" as a framework right at this moment is a tall
order indeed..! Most tend to adopt a vertical "servant-master" approach.
Look across institutions..! So, again, where did the rain start beating us
on a journey we had embarked on so earnestly to truly build & transform
these institutions..? Is it power, politics, influence, or bourgeoisie, or
all these..? An answer somehow, lies therein, somewhere. Guys, I daresay we
inherited some pretty bad "colonialist" mindset/mentality on their way out
as they handed independence to us. We have to throw that out the window.

Good thing, this debate/conversation is ongoing..

Well, inescapably, all is not lost.

Harry

On 24 Jan 2018 20:19, "Ali Hussein via kictanet" <

Grace

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.. Lest we forget.. :-)

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.