[kictanet] Call for input into Election Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and Election Offences (Amendment) Bill 2017

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:38:10 EAT 2017

Kanini,

Do you see any problem (conflict) with the statements below? (could be
journalistic error)

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2017/09/iebc-directed-deploy-alternative-oct-17-case-technology-fails/

Sep 20 – The Supreme Court has directed the Independent Electoral and
Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to put in place a complementary system for the
fresh October 17 presidential poll, in compliance with Section 44A of the
Elections Act.

Chief Justice David Maraga said the court could not simply overlook the
negation of guidelines on the use of technology in the transmission of
results saying the electronic transmission was the bedrock upon which the
new election laws passed by the bi-cameral Parliament were anchored.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 8:12 PM, kanini mutemi via kictanet <