[kictanet] How Digital Technology Is Changing Farming in Africa

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu May 25 02:47:40 EAT 2017

According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the world population will reach 9.1 billion by 2050, and to feed that number of people, global food production will need to grow by 70%. For Africa, which is projected to be home to about 2 billion people by then, farm productivity must accelerate at a faster rate than the global average to avoid continued mass hunger.

Kenyan Startups FarmDrive and UjuziKilimo get honorable mentions in this HBR Article.

Read on:-

https://hbr.org/2017/05/how-digital-technology-is-changing-farming-in-africa

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad