[kictanet] Why Bill Gates would tax robots

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Feb 28 14:33:52 EAT 2017

This is probably the best reply so far!

Personally, a robot is a tool. This could be my coffee maker making a
cup of freshly ground coffee rather than a human taking the beans,
grounding them with stones, adding them to boiling water - etc... all by
hand. Agh.

On 28/02/2017 11:19, awatila--- via kictanet wrote:

> I think in the discussion the original purpose of taxation is forgotten.
>
> A human being pays tax to the government to cover the cost of the
> common services provided by the government.
>

> What are this services that the robot will be consuming from the
> government that they need to pay for?
>

> Regards,
>

> Alex

> Windows 10

Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496