[kictanet] Why Bill Gates would tax robots

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Feb 28 14:46:33 EAT 2017

I do agree though that if automation removed the jobs of existing
people, they should be somehow compensated - either moved to a new job
internally or re-trained or something positive. Usually with automation,
the company can be expanded (make more profit) - which should mean more
human staff.  That would be the ethical thing to do. I don't see this as
a tax though.