[kictanet] Talk-2-Safaricom: Days 1 of 6 (Monday 6th Feb) - Consumer Issues

Stephen Chege SChege at Safaricom.co.ke
Mon Feb 6 11:22:45 EAT 2017

Hi everyone,

I’m  Steve Chege Director - Corporate Affairs at Safaricom. I have over the years interacted with many of you, our parent Ministry and Regulator on diverse industry issues. I have also been a member of this list and indeed the community for some time now and follow closely the industry discussions especially issues raised about Safaricom. Through this engagement I hope to shed more light on a number of issues and empower you to discuss Safaricom with the right information, answer your questions and share our position on a number of industry issues. Therefore as we kick off this engagement I would like to thank you in advance and say I look forward to an open engagement.

As Grace and Walu  said last week, with guidance from the KICTANET team, we hope to host a cocktail evening in the next few weeks where we can have another opportunity to talk face-to-face and possibly cover even more questions you may have. This is the first of many such engagements you can expect from us going forward.

In the meantime, we look forward to your questions and will respond to them with as much detail as we can.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you,

Steve

From: kictanet [mailto:kictanet-bounces+schege=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On Behalf Of Walubengo J via kictanet
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 08:28
To: Stephen Chege
Cc: Walubengo J
Subject: [kictanet] Talk-2-Safaricom: Days 1 of 6 (Monday 6th Feb) - Consumer Issues

Greetings Listers,

Hope you had a lovely weekend and ready for this week's 'Talk-2-Safaricom' online deliberations. Going straight into today's theme, we want you to share  your experiences, challenges, proposed solutions with regard to Safaricom Services along any of the following lines:

a) Affordability - (of Bandwidth, Data bundles, SMS, Over The Top Services )
b) Quality of Service - (Congestion, Dropped Calls, 2G, 3G, 4G)
c) Data Protection & Intermediary liability- (Premium Service Providers, Unsolicited sms, KRA & MPESA accounts)
d) Privacy Issues -As the largest ISP, how is Safcom handling Censorship threats, Child online Protection from harmful content, Security Cameras, etc)

The floor is open and we have only today.  So better start talking since tomorrow we move on to competition issues.

-walu.

-Rest of the Programme-
1. Consumer Issues Day,
2. Competition Issues Day,
3. Innovators, Innovations & Suppliers Day,
4. Infrastructure & Universal Access Day,
5. Technology & Elections Day
6. Emerging Issues+AOB

Note:
All emails sent from Safaricom Limited are subject to Safaricom’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here to read the policy.
http://www.safaricom.co.ke/images/Downloads/Terms_and_Conditions/safaricom_email_terms_and_conditions.pdf