[kictanet] Best example for the need of protection from the media itself

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:01:52 EAT 2017

All I know is that media (mainstream and bloggers ) are private businesses
that monetize content distribution through advertising to readers and
viewers.

This is the primary reason why we must be protected from the media itself
because mistakes such as this one can result in very unfortunate situations
or reactions from the viewers and listeners.

Let us get government to play the its role when it comes to protecting
mwananchi against tyrant licensees and bloggers.

On Aug 2, 2017 10:46 AM, "Mildred Achoch via kictanet" <

> Ali,
>
> I agree. Let's not throw away the baby with the bath water. Just because
> some bloggers thrive on sensationalism does not mean all bloggers and
> blogging are invalid. I was silently noting how lenient the attitude was
> towards this mainstream media's faux pas. I was imagining the hell that
> would have been raised if it was a blogger. Why the double standard?
>
> Regards,
> Mildred Achoch.
>
> On Wednesday, August 2, 2017, Ali Hussein via kictanet <
>
>> Dorcas
>>
>> I concur with you in this case. 'Mainstream' media ought to do better
>> than bloggers if simply because they have better resources. This was a case
>> of compounding an already volatile situation with the murder of our brother
>> Chris. They should have done basic corroboration and gone beyond innuendo.
>>
>> However, we should be careful not to throw the baby with the bath water..
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> *Ali Hussein*
>>
>> *Principal*
>>
>> *Hussein & Associates*
>>

>> Tel: +254 713 601113
>>
>> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>>
>> Skype: abu-jomo
>>
>> LinkedIn: http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
>> <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>>

>> 13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,
>>
>> Chiromo Road, Westlands,
>>
>> Nairobi, Kenya.
>>
>> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
>> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
>> organizations that I work with.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Dorcas Muthoni via kictanet <
>>
>>> Earlier Today
>>>
>>> https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktnnews/video/2000134625/-br
>>> eaking-news-kdf-spokesperson-colonel-joseph-owuoth-has-gone-missing
>>>
>>> Now
>>> https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktnnews/video/2000134629/-de
>>> veloping-story-kdf-spokesperson-colonel-joseph-owuoth-confir