[kictanet] Best example for the need of protection from the media itself

Mildred Achoch mildandred at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 09:28:39 EAT 2017

Ali,

I agree. Let's not throw away the baby with the bath water. Just because
some bloggers thrive on sensationalism does not mean all bloggers and
blogging are invalid. I was silently noting how lenient the attitude was
towards this mainstream media's faux pas. I was imagining the hell that
would have been raised if it was a blogger. Why the double standard?

Regards,
Mildred Achoch.

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017, Ali Hussein via kictanet <
kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke');>> wrote:

> Dorcas
>
> I concur with you in this case. 'Mainstream' media ought to do better than
> bloggers if simply because they have better resources. This was a case of
> compounding an already volatile situation with the murder of our brother
> Chris. They should have done basic corroboration and gone beyond innuendo.
>
> However, we should be careful not to throw the baby with the bath water..
>
> Regards
>
> *Ali Hussein*
>
> *Principal*
>
> *Hussein & Associates*
>

> Tel: +254 713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>

> 13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,
>
> Chiromo Road, Westlands,
>
> Nairobi, Kenya.
>
> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
> organizations that I work with.
>
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Dorcas Muthoni via kictanet <
>
>> Earlier Today
>>
>> https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktnnews/video/2000134625/-br
>> eaking-news-kdf-spokesperson-colonel-joseph-owuoth-has-gone-missing
>>
>> Now
>> https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/ktnnews/video/2000134629/-de
>> veloping-story-kdf-spokesperson-colonel-joseph-owuoth-confir
>> ms-that-he-is-alive

>> ailman/options/kictanet/info%40alyhussein.com

Check out the Rock 'n' roll film festival, Kenya TV Channel!
http://kenyarockfilmfestivaljournal.blogspot.com