[kictanet] Tech and Elections Law

Alex Watila awatila at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 15:01:00 EAT 2016

Dear all,

I think it was unwise to write specific technologies into the law as technology moves e.g.

*         Biometric is no longer considered secure because of 3d printing

*         Why insist on a web portal while sms verification worked well in the past?

*         Technology is not a panacea to all electoral issues i.e. the people, procedure and policy issues need to be resolved

Regards,

Alex