[kictanet] Treasury prepares to issue debut mobile money bond

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sat Mar 12 07:55:46 EAT 2016

Walu

Thanks for sharing. Pertinent questions you raise.

> 1. Will Wanjiku be allowed to participate from ANY mobile network or is this thing is ONLY available on one of the Telco players?
This should be a network agnostic product. Just like normal treasury bonds are bank/broker agnostic. This question really shouldn't even arise. It's should be the default position. Otherwise we will saying that if I have a Safaricom line and the product is only on Airtel I can't participate.

> 2. What are the 'commissions' like?  Will the mobile operators charge based on transaction value and yet their role is simply to deliver a simple SMS to Central Bank /Treasury servers?
Walu..Surely..:-) you just didn't say that..:-) Kwani an SMS is sent through thin air? Ok..it is :-) but there is a network that it is sent from and through and that network costs billions of shillings to set up and maintain. The Piper and all that..

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113 / 0770906375

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad