[kictanet] Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking and Filtering

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:56:14 EAT 2016

Well captured Harry,

It is a tough call when faced with situations where acts of terrorism
in which the same technology is a key facilitator are rampant. We are
faced with a tougher situation in our part of the world where
Citizen's with limited opportunities in advancing their education are
bombarded with too much information (grape vine,politics) which they
cannot synthesize properly resulting in polarization as a result of
deeply divided opinions. This results in scenario's where they are
risks unto themselves (thinking like Kaparo ;-)). That is why
Universal Access is still key in this part of the world since it will
create an empowered Citizen, Access to Education, Access to the
Internet, Access to Telecommunication, access to ICT's name it.

My 2 cents