[kictanet] Kenya ICT Practitioners Bill - Walu's Views

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Wed Jul 6 17:56:19 EAT 2016

It is not possible to regulate the ICT practitioners and I would be
interested to read this bill if someone who has it can share. Was it
done secretly and why? There is no country anywhere with a regulated"ICT
profession". Some years back when Nigeria had military rule and no
parliament some crafty people made such a bill which they gave to a
military man who signed it into law but the law has not effected up to
today even though its on the books (google this) because it cannot be.

 I hear the kenya bill is signed by Duale. Is he an ICT expert? How will
 it be forced if most people (as i gather) do not want it?

Some guidance also needed from ICT lawyers like Bomu and Sihanya. Can
someone just draft anything and get it into law or is there a process
that ensures wide involvement of stakeholders. Most techies have no idea
how parliament or law formulation works.

Walu I don't think I share your capitulation to political intrigues,
perceived or real. In kenya we passed that stage many years ag

Someone with the top secret bill please share, for possible comment.

W.