[kictanet] Kenya ICT Practitioners Bill - Walu's Views

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Wed Jul 6 16:53:04 EAT 2016

@Walu,

I often wonder, which is easier? Lobby Parliament and possibly still have
it passed anyway or get a good lawyer and have a bad bill declared
'unconstitutional' as soon as its signed?

Rgds

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Walubengo J via kictanet <

> Listers,
>
> I think since everyone seems to be denying awareness and participation to
> the Bill, the only way forward is to try and reach the Parliamentary
> Committee on ICT (remember last theme on institutional makeup? - never
> thought they would come into play so soon :-).
>
> They are the only ones who can pull the plug on this Bill (not even the CS
> can help u :-).
>
> And with the tyranny of numbers in Parliament, this Bill is on a straight
> trajectory to the house on hill and is likely to be signed into law.
>
> Unfortunately, all the stage that bill has reached is all political - and
> that is a space I am least equipped to deal with.
>
> But if you know your MP, start lobbying and it would help if he or she
> comes from the Majority party. It really now a question of
> who-is-your-(god)father :-)
>
> If you are an activitist you may opt to sign up on
> President Uhuru Kenyatta: Say No to the ICT Practitioners Bill
> <https://www.change.org/p/president-uhuru-kenyatta-say-no-to-the-ict-practitioners-bill>
>
> President Uhuru Kenyatta: Say No to the...
> <https://www.change.org/p/president-uhuru-kenyatta-say-no-to-the-ict-practitioners-bill>
>

> walu.

> *From:* Kiprono Bryan via kictanet <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>

*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T +254 20 525 0750 |Office Mobile: +254 716 201061 | M +254 737 811 000
www.at.co.ke