[kictanet] Draft National ICT Policy Discussions Day 6 of 10: How to Accelerate eGovt Services

Muchiri Nyaggah muchiri at semacraft.com
Fri Jul 1 11:01:08 EAT 2016

I think there’s definitely need for harmonisation. A good entry point would be the Council of Governors committee responsible for ICT. Being non-techies and already keenly aware of the development agenda they are implementing in the counties it would probably help to ‘de-silo’ the eGov conversation at the sub-national level. Thereafter convening the CECs for ICT together with their national government counterparts (Ministry and iCTA) into a policy forum would be create an opportunity to bring the public sector actors together to agree on harmonisation of standards, priority areas, timelines and to explore financing options. The CECs probably already convene under the CoG so there would be no creation of a new body as such. The input from the forum would be presented to the Intergovernmental Budget and Economic Council via the CoG Committee responsible for ICT and hopefully inform resource allocation down the chain.

Muchiri