[kictanet] Curriculum Reform - what is the tech community's input?

Simeon Oriko simeonoriko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:23:08 EAT 2016

Listers,

Some of you may be aware that the Kenya Institute for Curriculum (KICD), has embarked on curriculum reforms for basic and teacher education. (View the curriculum development cycle here <http://www.kicd.ac.ke/images/corpcomm/currdevcycle.pdf> [PDF]).

KICD is currently conducting a national needs assessment study whose findings will inform the reform process. KICD is thus calling for a submission of memoranda from the public.

In response, the ED10 Consortium <http://ed10.co/about/> has created this document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UiiRxzudjqcKJQ82Q-hWZZlmrlGeSMe1a0ik-PJm0w4/edit?usp=sharing> to crowdsource input and we will in turn organize your views and submit them as a joint memorandum for consideration by KICD.
We are also hosting a thinkathon (consultative meeting) this Sunday, 7th February 2016 at iHub from 2pm-4pm. You may register for the event here <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ed10-thinkathon-kenya-education-curriculum-review-tickets-21252524874>. We hope to use this thinkathon to build consensus on issues and ideas raised at the meeting and on the document.

I’m curious: what submissions can the tech industry contribute to this process?

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko | Digital and Innovation Strategist

Web: www.mtotowajirani.com <http://www.mtotowajirani.com/> | Twitter: @SimeonOriko <https://twitter.com/simeonoriko>

LinkedIn: ke.linkedin.com/in/simeonoriko <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/simeonoriko>

Cell: +254 724 892 941 | Skype: simeonoriko