[kictanet] DRC: Social networks to be blocked from midnight Sunday

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 18:15:19 EAT 2016

News and views afar yet nearby.
Blessed day!
Regards/Wangari

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/drc-social-networks-blocked-midnight-sunday-161215154004076.html

The letter from Congo's Posts and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (ARPTC) requires the "temporary blocking of sharing of images, video and voice [data] over the network" from 11:59pm local time (2259GMT) on Sunday, but gave no reason for the orders.It gave a non-exhaustive list of platforms subject to the block that includes Skype."In cases where partial blocking is not possible, you are required to block access to the relevant social networks entirely," it said.Text messages will continue to function as normal.The government's plan was first raised on Tuesday at a meeting of the ARPTC. ---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".