[kictanet] News Feed FYI: Addressing Hoaxes and Fake News | Facebook Newsroom

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Dec 16 05:09:28 EAT 2016

Listers

Important developments in the wake of Hoaxes and Fake News which some claim contributed to the victory of Donald Trump. Excerpts:-

A few weeks ago we previewed some of the things we’re working on to address the issue of fake news and hoaxes. We’re committed to doing our part and today we’d like to share some updates we’re testing and starting to roll out.
We believe in giving people a voice and that we cannot become arbiters of truth ourselves, so we’re approaching this problem carefully. We’ve focused our efforts on the worst of the worst, on the clear hoaxes spread by spammers for their own gain, and on engaging both our community and third party organizations.

Read on:-

http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2016/12/news-feed-fyi-addressing-hoaxes-and-fake-news/

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought".  ~ Albert Szent-Györgyi

Sent from my iPad