[kictanet] IBM eyes Blockchain technology deal for Kenya’s public records

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Fri Dec 16 06:36:32 EAT 2016

Listers

Global Tech Giant, IBM is in talks to use BlockChain Technology in
management of records in the Health, Education and Real Estate Sectors.

Read on:-

IBM eyes BlockChain deals
<http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/IBM-eyes-Blockchain-technology-deal-for-Kenya-s-public-records/539550-3488120-item-0-2pnbfu/index.html>

Definitely a welcome development. The community will be watching keenly on
how this develops. This technology is certainly game changing and its super
commendable that the Government has taken the first step towards this. We
do hope that this will also soon include the favorable adaption of this
technology towards addressing the systemic risks in the Financial Sector.

Yesterday, at the BlockChain Conference at Strathmore, we had the good
fortune to be addressed by a Mr. Nyimbi Odero, an Advisor, Innovation &
Digitization Ecosystem at the MOICT. We were impressed by the address on
how the Ministry is collaborating within the Government to ensure that
Innovation and Digitization permeates the whole government ecosystem.

As a player in the Fintech space in this country I would humbly request the
Ministry to look at what the Central Bank of the Netherlands is doing to
nurture innovation in the Dutch Financial Sector. These guys have gone
beyond the Regulatory Mandate to further the needs of the country in the
New Normal. The white paper below (click the link) summarizes what they are
doing but the title of it speaks volumes:-

*Technology Innovation and the Dutch Financial Sector: *
Opportunities and risks for financial institutions, new market participants
and supervision

Technology Innovation and the Dutch Financial Sector
<https://www.dnb.nl/en/binaries/Themaonderzoek%20%20uk_tcm47-336322.PDF>

Happy reading!

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*Hussein & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.