[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] 25th Anniversary of WWW

Mentor Ida idanganga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:55:35 EAT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "David Sarokin" <sarokin at gmail.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2016 18:14
Subject: [Internet Policy] 25th Anniversary of WWW
To: "internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org" <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

> FYI, today's Washington Post has a special section devoted entirely to
the 25th anniversary of the Web. It includes a list of the Top 25 memes of
all time (from Dancing Baby to Left Shark) and a good deal of interesting
history.

> It's online here:
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/updates/#outlook
>
> and I hope it's visible to all.
>
> One section that caught my eye was the "The Web" (5 Myths) article, which
notes that concerns of a massive cyberattack appear overblown. It ends with
the observation (one I largely agree with):

>> "...In the meantime, most users have grown accustomed to intrusions from
hackers and viruses; they assume that there is no way to guarantee privacy
or security on the Web. But despite the massive vulnerabilities and the
regular occurrence of significant data breaches, the long-predicted
“digital Pearl Harbor” has not come to pass.