[kictanet] Kenya's Tech Startup scene leaves investors underwhelmed

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sun Jan 4 10:52:35 EAT 2015

Listers

A lot of discussions in this area over the last few years. Are the chickens coming home to roost?

Have we focused too much on competitions, donor funded money and shared spaces and a lot less on commercially viable ideas/nurturing what is there towards commercial exploitation?

My sense is that we now need to move to 3.0 to enable realize the potential of our startups.

Read on:-

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Kenya-s-technology-push-leaves-investors-cold/-/539550/2574220/-/13qkohy/-/index.html

http://www.gsmaentrepreneurshipkenya.com/GSMA_KENYA-AR2014-060214-WEB-SINGLE-PGS.pdf

Ali Hussein

+254 770 906375 / 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo
Blog: www.alyhussein.com

"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein

Sent from my iPad