[kictanet] KICTANET contributed to the success of Kibaki regime

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Aug 12 11:39:56 EAT 2015

Kivuva

Thanks for sharing. The article is an interesting piece on how government works and how we sometimes make too many assumptions as ‘armchair’ strategists. :-)

This is a Political Will thingi that Political Leaders MUST address which to some extent goes back to us as Citizens since we usually deserve the leaders we get.

Change must start with us as Citizens to ensure that the leadership we bring to the fore is accountable to the People.

As an addition to this it is instructive that Dr. Ndemo mentions how KictaNet shaped government thinking during his tenure in the Information Ministry.  His suggestion that this is one way of inculcating change - A culture of inclusiveness, participation and having the thick skin to role with the punches. It is as it should be.  In this age where my son can ask me WHY I have made such & such a decision without consulting him the writing is on the wall for the leader who thinks she/he is the Alfa & Omega of thinking and decision making..

Is it possible that the declining government officials participation in such forums as KictaNet has gone hand in hand with more litigation against government in our sector?

Food for thought..

Thanks & Regards

Ali Hussein
ali at hussein.me.ke

+254 770 906375
Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: Abu-Jomo
LinkedIn: http//ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim
Blog: www.alyhussein.com