[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] New document: Perspectives on the IANA Stewardship Transition Principles

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:38:10 EAT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan York <york at isoc.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:27:48 +0000
Subject: [Internet Policy] New document: Perspectives on the IANA
Stewardship Transition Principles
To: Internet Policy External <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

Internet-policy subscribers,

Today we published a document providing our perspectives on the
principles behind the IANA Stewardship Transition:

https://www.internetsociety.org/doc/perspectives-iana-stewardship-transition-principles

As part of the release, Sally Wentworth published a blog post
providing an overview:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/07/perspectives-iana-stewardship-transition-principles

With the IANA Coordination Group (ICG) poised to release its call for
public comments on a combined proposal to transition the stewardship
of the IANA functions and important progress underway in the
accountability discussions, we believe it is critical that we
understand how the IANA stewardship principles as well as the IANA
functions fit into the broader context of the Internet's operations
and and international consensus.

Our main goal was to show how these so-called NTIA criteria reflect
broader Internet principles which have been adopted and embedded
through years of global consensus.

As we enter this next stage of the evaluation of the ICG proposal, we
hope that this document will help in moving that discussion forward to
achieving the global, open, secure and stable Internet we all seek.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/<http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/>

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277