[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] ISOC Contribution to UN WSIS+10 Review

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:16:10 EAT 2015

Listers,

FYI

Regards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Constance Bommelaer <bommelaer at isoc.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:14:35 +0000
Subject: [Internet Policy] ISOC Contribution to UN WSIS+10 Review
To: Internet Policy External <InternetPolicy at elists.isoc.org>,
"internetsociety_advisorycouncilne at ConnectedCommunity.org"
<internetsociety_advisorycouncilne at connectedcommunity.org>,
"internetsociety_chapterleaderscommunityne at ConnectedCommunity.org"
<internetsociety_chapterleaderscommunityne at connectedcommunity.org>

Dear Members,

The Internet Society has submitted a
<http://www.internetsociety.org/doc/internet-society-written-submission-wsis10-non-paper>
written contribution to the UN General Assembly WSIS+10
Review<http://www.internetsociety.org/doc/internet-society-written-submission-wsis10-non-paper>
to be held later in December, in New York. In our submission, we
highlight the two main outcomes we are aiming for:

  *   Preserving the consensus of the 2005 Tunis Agenda that
recognizes the distributed model of governance of the Internet where
each stakeholder group has its own role and set of responsibilities,
while all working together;
  *   Laying the foundations of an inclusive, people-centered and
development-oriented Information Society for the next decade,
articulated around three main pillars: 1/ collaborative networks for
human empowerment and sustainable development,  2/ collaborative
security for trust-worthy environments, and 3/ collaborative
governance where open frameworks lead to successful discussions.

For further background information, you can also read this blog
post<http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/public-policy/2015/07/internet-society-isoc-contribution-wsis10-written-consultation>.

With regards to next steps, all contributions received will feed into
a "non-paper" published by the UN in August. The next face-to-face
consultations will take place in NY in Oct, leading to the UN GA
High-Level Event on 15-16 Dec. where leaders from all communities
should be invited to speak (see the WSIS+10 preparatory process
roadmap<http://unpan3.un.org/wsis10/preparatoryprocess>).

Many thanks to all the colleagues who have made suggestions and shared
useful insights, they were very useful to develop ISOC's submission.
Our Members and Chapters are an essential part of our engagement with
the UN.

Best regards,

Constance Bommelaer
Senior Director, Global Internet Policy