[kictanet] IANA Transition does Kenya have anything to say

Harry Hare | African eDevelopment Resource Centre harry at africanedevelopment.org
Tue Oct 21 07:29:47 EAT 2014

Hey Badru,

You you have explained has been my biggest criticism of the ICANN process
and of course of the ICANN cousins. Local businesses will only engage with
a process that they perceive is relevant to their bottom line. The
American and some European companies get the ICANN and wider internet
issues and they are pretty much embedded in the process looking out for
opportunities and also making sure that there interests are taken care of,
but not African businesses who have become whole sale consumers of policy
yet they have an opportunity to engage and become part of the process and
define the future together with the rest of the world.

And when I say local businesses I am not looking at the Telcos and other
internet companies, I am talking about companies such as Kenya Airways,
East African Breweries, Kakuzi Ltd etc.

My ration for the month :-)

Harry Hare

Director  |  African eDevelopment Resource Centre
PO Box 49475 00100 | Nairobi, Kenya
Tel +254 20 4041646  |  Cel +254 725 650044