[kictanet] Does cashless matatu system have a regulatory framework?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 13:35:14 EAT 2014

Hi Mwendwa,

Indeed we support technology, however we need to advocate for proper
frameworks within which technology should operate otherwise the same
technology becomes a tool for injustice. We need sanity in the public
transport sector hence i agree with Walu that there is need for a
regulatory framework to safeguard the interests of all stakeholders.
In my humble opinion countries that have succeeded in implementing
such systems have excelled in this.
That said it is a step in the right direction but we could do better.

Best Regards