[kictanet] Cyber Warfare on Kenya or Random Chinese

Gichuki John Chuksjonia chuksjonia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:43:14 EAT 2014

Cyberwarfare has changed, a lot over the year. Its not only sitting at the
computer scanning networks and other Commandline stuff. These days Cyber
Warfare is under the same framework The Defense uses, called C4ISR. This
also applies to Penetration Testers like me, especially when we are doing
Black Box Penetration testing. Lemmie give you an example. Earlier this
year we were doing a Penetration testing in a big firm in Southern Africa.
They had their own VPN between countries and one point of Entry to the
Internet (They Believed so). So i became a Janitor for one week and then i
went ahead and found out the IT supporting company, and i went on to the HQ
offices pretending to be staff of the IT Company, with business cards and
other IDs. From there getting into KAV and getting a connect-back Binary as
an AV agent to the whole company was just easy. All machines connected with
a system shell to my CNC.

So, i think with Cyber Warfare, the same applies everywhere, and what we
should do is be afraid of those Nations that we don't know, what they are
doing the same.

So what is Cyberwarfare

a) Cyber Espionage
b) Cyber Terrorism - Cyber-jihad