[kictanet] Safaricom Credit Disappearing

Bernard Kioko [Bernsoft Group] bkioko at bernsoft.com
Wed Oct 9 11:04:03 EAT 2013

I have found this to be a result of the following 2 common items:

1.      Someone (a lot of times your kids when using your phone) attempts to
purchase some content using your phone. Most of these services subscribe you
when trying to buy one piece of content.

2.      A content service provider who operates the service subscribes you
without your knowledge. This is illegal in as far as the regulations are
concerned. The method described below will remove you from any service
(kudos to Safaricom on that). If it keeps happening, report it to Safaricom
or even better CCK. I have seen them follow up through with such - before
you do report, confirm that its not 1 above.

Regards