[kictanet] Safaricom Credit Disappearing

John Masiwe jmasiwe at bluegate.co.ke
Wed Oct 9 11:00:04 EAT 2013

@Brian Ngure,

This is super useful! Many thanks. Like Muraya, I have been long suffering
in silence to the degree of considering switching networks.

I notice that Safaricom does not promote such features vigorously to the
general public and only a select few super users know about them. I am sure
the motive for this is clear. This is a pity because it would save them from
the many Customer Service calls they have to contend with.

However, even with this "hack", I think we will do well to take note of
Muraya's point and monitor if indeed there is airtime pilferage going on. I
for one think it is unethical to quietly continue deductions even when the
network can ascertain that a subscriber is no longer using a service; I am
sure they have ways to know this.

I am sharing pronto with my FB circle. Again, many thanks.

Regards,

John Masiwe

Business Development Director & CEO

Blue Gate Technologies Ltd - Professional and Quality ICT Services

Website: www.bluegate.co.ke          |              Tel: 0714 772 468