[kictanet] Role of the Media in Kenyan Elections

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Mon Mar 11 12:31:24 EAT 2013

Sammy, I don't understand why you reference Western media - this had little
to do with them.
Edith raised the important point that many Kenyans found themselves
speechless and voiceless. It's an issue worth addressing, I think. I fully
understand that in the Kenyan context, the media houses agreed not to
broadcast political party statements live. But between that, and a
wholesale silencing of any critical voice, there might have been some
ground to look at claims, check if you can find anything to debunk them
instantly or substantiate them, and then report on this.

Have a good week, everyone,
Andrea

Andrea Bohnstedt <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/andreabohnstedt>
Publisher