[kictanet] Day 5 : Ensuring Effective Implementation of the Laptop Project - The Key Variables (Day 5:Wrap up and Way Forward (Key declarations, what next)

Gilda Odera godera at skyweb.co.ke
Fri Jun 14 14:30:54 EAT 2013

Barrack,

Yes, I read that earlier. It is true the Government has stated that they
will build capacity of teachers. However, KNUT is saying in today's papers
that they will not allow their teachers to undertake any training until
Government sorts out pending issues of their balances and address the issue
of shortage of teachers. To me, this just spells out a stalemate or delay
until it is resolved. That is why I say, teachers must own the project- if
they do not, it is money down the drain. This is the first and most
important step in ensuring effective implementation of the project, let
alone all those great ideas I have read so far.

Gilda