[kictanet] Merger of Agencies to Streamline ICT in Kenya

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:17:51 EAT 2013

One ICT Agency to formulate policy and promote (open) standards is in order.

However, every major government function/domain (e.g. lands.go.ke,
transport.go.ke, water.go.ke, energy.go.ke, judciary.go.ke, nairobi.go.ke)
must have its own CIO.

Today, who is accountable for the lack of electronic updates/communications
from these domains?

Within these domains, generic e-mail addresses such as "help at police.go.ke"
would not be too bad if we could get responses from them.

Even better is if we could have specific individual names associated with
domains, even though this may be viewed as costly from a licensing point of
view.