[kictanet] Data Bundles and Expiry Dates

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Jul 31 07:54:24 EAT 2013

Listers

Please see below. A few months ago I wrote on this list about Telcos and their expiry dates on data bundles. This is from Safaricom's customer portal. A nice nifty customer service portal. My question however is this:-

Is it legal to put an expiry date in bundles that I have already bought? Even if it is written in the fine print of the legal document when you are buying the bundle?  What happens when Nov 16 arrives and I haven't finished my bundles? It's like telling me that my fuel will expire on a certain date and my car will stall after that..

I have copied the chukua hatua CCK email so that we can possibly get a legal position on this.

Your Data Bundle Balance
Account Type
Prepay
Airtime Balance
KShs. 86.55
Night Shift Data Balance
533.07 MB
Data Bundle Expiry Date
2013-Aug-02 00:00:00
Data Bundle Balance
1446.5 MB
Data Bundle Expiry Date
2013-Nov-16 07:38:34
Bonga Balance
165 Points
Refresh my Account

Ali Hussein
CEO | 3mice interactive media Ltd
Principal | Telemedia Africa Ltd

+254 713 601113/ 0770 906375

"The future belongs to him who knows how to wait." - Russian Proverb

Sent from my iPad