[kictanet] CCK shuts down illegal broadcast transmitters

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:58:18 EAT 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Wambua, Christopher <Wambua at cck.go.ke>wrote:

>  Paul,****
>
> ** **
>
> The transmitters that we switched off were using frequencies that were
> acquired illegally a few months ago.

[snip]

Hi Wambua,

How does one acquire frequency(s) illegally? I am interested in a few for
my selfish self:-)

May I ask what the procedure is for the acquisition of a frequency and how
RMS violated this?

How about the other sacred cows who own/hoard frequencies which acquired
legally or otherwise? When is CCK biting them?
Shouldn't those be repossessed now() ?

It's one thing to bite and another to bite at the wrong time (by
perception, not legally).

I personally feel that it is right to IMMEDIATELY shut down broadcasts on
frequencies used in Aviation, but the others can be handled "slowly":-)
These cases have dragged for years anyway and nothing happened as a result
of the use. It's not like whatever it is was gonna happen now that approach
elections - hence my use of "wrong timing".

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,