[kictanet] ICT BOARD - ANY LESSONS TO LEARN

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 10:40:08 EAT 2013

Hi,

It is all about the per-Diem factor which affects all government agencies around the world, it times I suspect that this is actually what governments where set up to provide.

The factor is still rife as you might have seen with all the international traveling being done my the newly elected Governors, what you need to be questioning is ratio of salary to per-Diem for public "servants" as at the end of it the trips by the KICT Board executives all fell within the budget and mandate of the organisation.

We recently saw millions spent on a tele-presence solution for the judiciary only for them to turn it off and instead budget for a multi-billion fixed wing aircraft, reason for this is that if you tele-conference there will be no per-Diem, closer to the list is the Konnected Kenya conference that always takes place in Mombasa and has a better attendance than the budget speech, why per-Diem.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor