[kictanet] 'The Next 50' - Barcamp Nairobi 2013 - Sat 24 Aug

Josiah Mugambi josiah.mugambi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 11:35:21 EAT 2013

Hi listers,

BarCamp Nairobi 2013 will be held on Saturday, 24th August, 2013 from 8 am.
The event will be co-hosted by the iHub, the Nailab, m:lab East Africa and
SkunkWorks at the Bishop Magua Centre on Ngong Road.

*The theme for Barcamp Nairobi 2013 is ‘The Next 50’. We aim to get the
conversation going on where tech in Kenya will be in the next 50 years. As
Kenya celebrates 50 years of independence this year, we have the unique and
enviable opportunity to dream and contemplate what the next 50 years should
look like and what role technology will play. As thinkers, technologists in
various sectors, and citizens of this country we can begin the process of
visualizing the future and shaping it.*
*
*
*Challenges such as access to healthcare, quality and equitable education,
food security have their answers in technology and the possibilities are
endless. There will come a time in the next 50 years when these issues will
be non-issues so to speak. What will that future look like? What
technologies will be pervasive? How will people interact and how will lives
be affected and improved?*

Come to Barcamp Nairobi 2013. Let us begin the conservation.

The event is free to attend. Please register
here<https://barcampnbo2013.eventbrite.com/>
.

--
Josiah Mugambi