[kictanet] Kenya Open Data (KODI) article in Foreign Policy]

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Aug 19 21:58:18 EAT 2013

That k you GG for sharing. Great article, very valuable information on
the importance and the need for open data initiative. I'm just
wondering if new data is contantly being availed in the open data
platform, is there a frequency on the updates? And what innovations
have comeout of the initiative?

Being a researcher,  I know writing is hard. That article has figures
I find hard to believe! It says in 2011-2012, Safaricom earned a
revenue of ksh16B on MPESA alone. Is that corrrect really? I also
don't see how the MPESA innovation is linking into the great Opendata
article.