[kictanet] Expensive Airtel?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:52:00 EAT 2013

Hi Edith,

Do it like a Standard 1 kid would:
1. Load 50bob airtime
2. Set phone to show phone duration
3. Make a call lasting N minutes
4. Check airtime balance after the call.

Do the same on your Safaricom/Yu/Orange Tarrif.

Show the comparison.

Ditto for data. Buy bundle. Download the same file on 3 different networks.
Check bundle balance.

Tabulate and show us how they compare:-)

On 5 April 2013 13:29, Edith Adera <eadera at idrc.ca> wrote:

>  Listers,****
>
> ** **
>
> It has taken me months wondering if it’s real or imaginary that Airtel has
> become very expensive! Whether it’s for calls or Internet (spectacularly
> expensive especially for this service). It dawned on me as I was writing
> this message that indeed I’ve not seen their aggressive adverts on
> favourable tarrifs etc for a while now (nor from other providers as it was
> a while back). Has the telecom market ceased to be competitive given our *peculiar
> Kenyan behaviour* (“sticky” consumers who do not respond to number
> portability, poor quality of service, high price of service etc etc).****
>
> ** **
>
> Am I alone?****
>
> ** **
>
> Wondering Edith****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
>  ****

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."